Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 22: Not much...

Day 22
Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Not much happened today. Many days ago I said that I wasn't going to force anything and that what was to unfold for the day, would.

One of my friends suggested that I mention how my life has changed since this experiment all started. And, because I don't have much to report today, now seems like the right time to highlight the incredible things that have happened.

Since starting 30daysplus1, it's quite interesting how many nice things have happened to me. Just today for example, one of my colleagues called me from Starbucks to see what she could pick up for me. Really, you're at Starbucks calling me for my order?

People are paying me compliments, work is going far better than it ever has, my relationships with Kurt and Izzy are the best ever, I have time for "me", I have more time for activities, I'm feeling more connected with everything and I'm so happy!

It turns out that that for the past 22 days my goal was to show people "love" but it turns out that it's been more about simply paying attention and slowing down. That seems to be what I've been noticing and making me really content. Are they connected? I don't know but I'm really enjoying the process.

I hope tomorrow something magical will happen and I'll be looking for it!

How I felt today:
Now at 10:39pm, I feel disappointed. Everyday there has been something that has surfaced and I'm just feeling a bit flat tonight that maybe I just overlooked something.

Lessons learned:
I guess it happens and plans don't go as planned, that's okay. Oh well.

PS...I put this picture up of humpback whales because I love them and realized that my next trip will be to CA and go whale watching with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment