Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 30: Roll reverse


Day 30:
Thursday, May 10

6:59am Izzy rolls in our bedroom and waived her tiny little fingers along my cheek and said, "good morning Mommy". 

 Did Izzy really just walk in and wake up the way I wake her up? 

On most days I arrive at work about 8:30'ish and leave right about 5:00pm. I like being at work and although I might spend some time, okay...more time than warranted looking for recipes or a People.com, I like being here.

Izzy climbed up and said, "mommy, you're so warm" and proceeded to tuck herself under the covers and just lay next to me.  As I was zoning in and out of consciousness, I would feel a tickle on my face or even on my arm. Izzy was tickling me like I tickle her. But not that annoying type of tickle that your husband roughhouses you or your kids with but the type of tickle you would expect from your mom. More accurately, the type of gentle touch that you always ask your husband for but never get~!

She and I just snuggled on and off for the next hour. It was a 8:00am I realized that it was inevitable, I had to go to work today. But, I got up and enjoyed a leisure breakfast with Izzy and talked all about her crazy dreams that daddy had black and white shoelaces.

I joked with my friend about arriving to work today so late. 9:31am to be exact. I felt a little guilty because it's out of character to be that late but, that's the way my day shook out. My friend had a great point that those extra few hours spent with Izzy far outweighed the time I could've been at work. When I'm older and making my life transition...it will be those two hours with Izzy that mattered the most.

How Izzy felt snuggling up:
I hope she loves it as much as I do

How I felt with Izzy snuggled up:
Doesn't get much better than this, seriously. When I get to lay next to her, it just brings me right back to when she was an infant and I'd just stare at her all day and dream up what her life was to be

Lessons learned:
Sometimes it is okay to be late to work


No comments:

Post a Comment