Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 12: Redemption


Day 12:
Sunday, April 22, 2012

My husband often says he didn't marry me for my cooking, he married me for my brothers cooking!

I don't like cooking but enjoy baking. I would enjoy baking even more if my recipes turned out. I usually burn something or forget a key ingredient but still find it fun and at least the dough is always good.

Today I was very excited to try a new chocolate chip recipe with vanilla pudding as a new ingredient. I had heard many times that this recipe was amazing so I was quite hopeful.

Might I say that both I and my husband were a bit shocked when they came out, ahem, perfect. Just enough crisp, just enough mushiness in the middle...absolutely delish!

I found three beautiful handmade cards and wrote thank you notes to each of Izzy's teachers and thanked them for all that they do. She really has wonderful teachers and I'm so thankful that she's had them as role models.

Tomorrow morning, all three of them will get a jump start with yummy chocolate chip cookies wrapped up sweetly in an Easter bag. What...I ran out of tin foil.

How I hope they'll feel:
Appreciated. Might make their Monday a bit nicer.

How I felt:
So happy. I don't want to be boastful but I know they'll love these darn cookies. Part of me wants to save one or two for my brother and when he eats it and gives me that look of confusion I'm going to say, "I know...I can't believe it either"!


No comments:

Post a Comment