Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 9: A nice ending...


Day 9:
Thursday, April 19, 2012


So today, like the other days this week was just fantastic. I have had the best week. My family life is just doing great and my outlook on work has really improved. Is this attributed to my new little project of finding and showing the love, maybe? Who knows.

About an hour ago I was tucking my daughter into bed and playing our 100th game of I'm thinking of. Before I leave, we snuggle up and give nose kisses and tickles. But before I knew it, she was asleep!

I can't count the times I tell her I love her and I can't really count the times I read, color or just hang out with her.

But tonight I found myself, almost giggling at the sheer joy I get when I see her sleeping. Although our daughter is 5 years old, when she sleeps I'm just taken back in time to when she was just days old, sleeping right next to us. We would just stare at her for hours. When she'd burp, we'd laugh. When she's sneeze we wanted it on video. When she's cry, we'd run to soothe her. I think when I see her sleeping, I'm just taken back to the innocence, the excitement and total joy of creating this perfect little person.

And isn't there something about looking at a sleeping child that makes you feel that all is right in the world? Hearing their breath makes you forget your bills, dissolves any worry about work and makes you want to plan more trips to the park. Life just slows down and becomes simple.

So, I don't know if it really qualifies but I'm counting the quiet time I had with Izzy doodle.

How she felt:
Who knows, she was dreaming of the next fruit she's going to stump me on in our next game of I'm thinking of

How I felt:
Giddy with happiness

Lessons learned: 
I'm going to sleep with her for the next 50 years...ha!





No comments:

Post a Comment