Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 20: A thank you...

Day 20
Monday, April 30, 2012

After my moms surgery and the incredible battle wound on her head, we weren't sure if she would prefer to wear a wig or a hat.

Being a cancer survivor, a friend at work offered up her old hats she wore when she was doing chemo. She brought about 15 different hats that my mom could use the moment she heard I was concerned.

My moms hair grows like a weed and I think she's okay with the incredible scar on her head to she didn't need the hats after all.

Today I returned the hats and wrote a note with a Starbucks gift card. I was so grateful to my friend at work for being so gracious with things that may have been sentimental. 

How she felt:
She wasn't as work today but I'm sure she'll smile when she sees the card tomorrow

How I felt:
Really happy and very grateful that I work with such a nice and thoughtful friend

Lessons learned:
I need to write earlier in the day! At 10:13pm I just don't have the creativity and energy to make a good post.

No comments:

Post a Comment