Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 2: Lunch, really...on you?



Day 2
Thursday, April 12

I woke up this morning feeling a lot of pressure. What was I going to do today? Plotting out "what, who and how" I'm finding is quite stressful. The other day I wrote my friend an appreciation letter expecting to feel flooded with emotions, tears and quite frankly, I wanted to scrunch it all up and toss it in the trash. I felt like I was telling her versus showing her. You know what I mean?

Today I was meeting a long lost friend  for lunch. We've actually only known each other for a short time but you know when you feel a connection with someone and you know you'll be friends? Well, she's that sorta friend.

Now, I normally bring my lunch to work or when I want to splurge, I grab my Subway sandwich (with coupon in tow). So when my girlfriend wanted to go to a fancy restaurant I could feel my wallet tugging at me saying, "now Stacy...you have bills to pay, you have college to save for...isn't eating here a bit irresponsible?" I hate that voice...the voice of reason. 

You know those times and places when you splurge when you shouldn't? This was one of those places.

We dined, we laughed and I even lived it up with an Arnold Palmer. When the bill came, she said she was buying!

For all I know, she'll put it on her expense report but still, it was a nice and unexpected surprise. 

So you're asking what did I do? I wrote her a true, heartfelt thank you note. I wrote it slowly, thoughtfully and genuinely. 

How will it make her feel:
Hopefully good

How did it make me feel:
Good! It was nice to feel my gratitude and not just tell her



No comments:

Post a Comment