Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 6: All about the dandylions

Day 6:
Monday, April 16, 2012


I often take our daughter on walks and inevitably we pass our local park. It's important to "scout" our walks accordingly because the moment the park is in sight...all reasoning and rationale dissipate into thin air. No, not on my part.

Last night I told our daughter Izzy we could go for a walk but it was just for a short one for our dog, Lily. She's getting older, has a bum leg but we still take her for little walks here and there. The husband and dog turned around to head home and Izzy said she wanted to walk farther (which meant the whole "park" situation was in the back of my mind).

I did something I rarely do...just took a walk for the heck of it. (it was hard to admit that I said "yes" because it was dinner time, the whole routine of getting ready for the next day was waiting for me,  etc. I had stuff to do. If I said "yes", the whole world would crumble? I would break my routine? With this new change or addition to my day, I might throw off Izzy's routine and create a monster who doesn't sleep at night, right?

Wrong.

So, we continued walking. We walked slowly. We picked flowers. We picked weeds. We picked dandelions. We were "flower hunters" as Izzy called it.

How Izzy felt:
Happy in knowing that her mom makes and creates time for her

How I felt:
I little stupid, why don't I do this more often? I am after all a "flower hunter". Who can beat that?

Lessons learned:
Appreciate and enjoy the small opportunities. 




No comments:

Post a Comment