Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 4: A nice card is worth it



Day 4
Saturday, April 14, 2012

Have you ever been looking a beautiful greeting card and think, oh yes...this one is perfect...to only flip over and see $6.00? Well, I'm a frugal shopper so when I see a nice card I rarely even pick it up because I don't see the purpose in splurging on a card that once the sentiment is read, it finds it's way into the trash.

Well, have you been to Whole Foods recently? And have you ever taken the time to look at their cards? I'm sure all the shoppers buying steel cut oats and barley today found my tear streaked cheeks an added bonus to their Saturday shopping.

Yes, tears I say. I found a line of cards called, "quotablecards" and as you would imagine, they are filled with amazing quotes.

"Leap and the net will appear" - Zen saying

"live with intention. walk to the edge. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends.  do you what you love. 
live as if this is all there is" - mary ann radmacher

And the whopper for today is:
"Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. Forget mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you" - Christian D. Larson


At the end of this quote I KNEW that this was my wish for my daughter. I couldn't have said it any clearer. Without any hesitation, I knew that I was good for $6.00!

My act of love, absolutely...writing a love letter to my daughter. 

How it will make Izzy feel when the day arrives when she reads it:
Hopefully she'll enjoy it. I hope that she saves it and reads it over and over. With time, she may appreciate the words more and more.

How I felt:
No words can ever express how much you love your kids

Lessons learned:
There is hope that people save special cards. 

Bonus points: I have two ladies in my life that I've known for 20 years. I love them like sisters and they are just, well, wonderful. I bought them each a card from me to them and then I bought cards for them to write love letters to their children. It was an expensive day at Whole Foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment