Monday, April 9, 2012

Overview: Why am I doing this?


  Me (Stacy) and my mom, Boise


Overview:

3 months ago my mom almost died. As the minister was praying over her before an emergency surgery I found myself in disbelief looking at my mom thinking, “but I have so much left to tell you, you can’t go, I’m not done…”

As the hours passed, I swore that I would be a changed person if she lived. I promised myself and anything listening, even the little ants on the grass, that I would shake myself out of my comfort zone and not wait until a dire situation happened that I share my feelings and emotions.  There’s a big difference between saying I love you and showing someone that you love them. Up until this point, it was an expression I had just heard but now truly understood.

Will there be tears? Yup. Will it get messy and uncomfortable, probably. Will it be confusing and awkward, that’s affirmative. However, could it be beautiful and cathartic? Joyous and touching? Sentimental and peaceful…I hope so. 

What do they say, 14 days to break a habit? Well how about 30 days (plus 1…I reserve the right to continue past just 30 days. You never know, I could be on a roll and not want to stop)  to deepen my relationships and friendships with the people I cherish and hold so close to my heart.

Rules:
My acts of love can either be written, verbally expressed or I don't have to say anything at all and let the act alone speak for itself.

What qualifies:
Anything that I would want to receive. Flowers, love or appreciate letters, a call, a note or a gesture.

It is my hope that by being vulnerable and being honest, that I will not only honor my commitment made to the little ants, but will change my life just as my mom’s life has been changed.

Let the lovin’ begin!

1 comment:

  1. and so the lovin' not only begins anew but also continues!!

    How blessed are we-- dear Boise, you are a source of inspiration! Your journey continues to remind us of our blessings and deep gratitude.

    One day at a time, girlfriend! xox Donna/Kathy

    ReplyDelete