Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 16: The birds are a chirpin'

Day 16:
Thursday, April 26, 2012

The "beep beep" on my alarm sounds at 5:09. Out the door by 5:15 and at the gym at 5:30. The water felt so good in the shower at 6:45 and the coffee hit the spot at 7:00am.

On these days when by 7:00 am I've already accomplished a huge feat of tackling the gym, I love to come home and enjoy the chorus of the birds chirping. As Spring is here, our home houses at least 4 different nests and I take such delight in hearing their little chirps in the morning. I imagine they all have a similar waking up pattern as us humans do. The mommy birds wake up their babies, comb their wings and feed them worm cereal. They  kiss their daddies goodbye as he leaves the nest in search of Bird Depot, the equivalent of  our Home Depot. Daddy has to repair the nest and buy some new branches.

The whole neighborhood of birds wake up and get ready for the day. Some chirps are high pitched, some chirp a regular pattern, some chirps are just here and there. Regardless, in hearing the morning birds gives me a similar sensation to watching Izzy sleep. It's so soothing, so calming and surrounds me with a certain sense of peace that I cannot describe.

So what did I do today? From 7:00 - 7:30 am I sat outside with my bowl of cereal, cup of coffee with my dog by my feet and just enjoyed the sounds of the morning.

How it made me feel:
So appreciative for nature and all the beautiful trees in our backyard.

Lessons learned:
I love the color of our trees. Green is a color I often overlook but it is such a pretty color. We have a huge tree, at least 50 years old in our backyard. It houses 2 nests, numerous squirrels and various other creatures. I really wonder if trees have souls and if it's a proud tree knowing it provides for so many. If at my eulogy someone compares me to a tree, I'd be happy! Ha, that sounds funny to write, to be compared to a tree. I would take it as a compliment.


No comments:

Post a Comment