Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 13: Must love dogs

Day 13
Monday, April 23, 2012

A colleague of mine was having to put down her dog today. I can't imagine and don't want to imagine that day. Our sweet Lily (above) is getting older and we talk about that, what it will be like when she's gone, how's she's going to go. Makes me sad thinking about it.

I'm not close with this person at all and just have a working relationship with her. I sent her a condolence card for her dog.

How she might feel:
I think it might actually make her sad now that I think about it. It would make me sad. But, it would also make me feel distracted, even for a brief moment.

How I felt:
I felt like I was doing a nice thing.

Lessons learned:
I need to play with my dog more. When I come home from work she's beyond excited that the family is together again and she jumps up, blocks my walking path into the house and licks and licks. Rather than shush her away, I need to play with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment