Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 15: Gosh, I love my friend

Day 15
Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I first met Carol playing softball in the 5th grade. We're now almost 40 years old so we've known each other a long time.

We've been a part of each others main themes, graduation, weddings, babies, etc. I remember her wedding day and all the drama that her mother in law brought on. She was just a mean, mean person and I felt sad for Carol knowing she was stuck with this woman for a long time.

I talked to Carol tonight and she told me she told off her mother in law. I was in shock that she finally did it but on the flip side, I was cheering. She is such a strong woman, cemented in her personality and an absolute role model to me. When I think of power, solid advice and someone that always knows right or wrong...I think of her.

We haven't seen each other for 5 years and we hadn't spoken to each other in about 5 months. She's one of my friends that we go a long time without talking and when we do, we just pick up where we left off. You know when you talk to someone on the phone while driving? There are types of friends that you can drive and talk on the phone with and then there are those people worth pulling to the side of the road, turning off your car and getting comfy. She's one of those friends.


How she felt today on the phone:
I'm sure she was happy. She had a lot to say and she had the freedom to just talk.

How I felt:
Happy too! I loved pulling into the Grease Monkey parking lot, rolling the windows down and just relaxing and laughing with her.

Lessons learned:
I need to appreciate the incredible qualities of my friends more and pay attention to how they enrich my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment