Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 7: Ovaltine...ahhhhh.

Day 7:
Tuesday, April 17, 2012

When you think of your grandparents growing up...what sparks the memories? What takes you back to that fun summer? What takes you back to playing in the park or swinging on the front porch swing?

As you may guess, when I drink Ovaltine I'm brought right back to sitting on my Nana's couch having her make me a cup of hot Ovaltine.  Not warm, it had to be hot and it couldn't be made with water, it had to be made with milk.

I can see her floral couch, I can smell her Jergins lotion and see her pantyhose under her sandals. All it takes is for me to see that good 'old tub of Ovaltine in the store to bring me right back.

Today I sent my Nana a note telling her that I'm brought back to her and her home when I drink Ovaltine. I don't think that she knows that it has that effect on me but now she will know.

How my note will make her feel:
Hopefully good.

How I feel:
I felt really good that I actually shared with her something that I'm sure she didn't know. 

Lessons learned:
I need to start taking more time out to write notes and share a funny or sincere memory. Chances are that the person I'm writing the letter to needs a reminder to!





No comments:

Post a Comment